Lesson time

This week I've held four lessons with different characters with 3 different classes, as well as just being in the classroom with one class during a history-lesson on my 2 different schools.

Lesson one and two was "The Work-program" together with two 8th grade classes, and the third lesson was about "Professions and different jobs" with the refugees in 9th grade together with their Swedish as a second language teacher.

So the first and second lesson: I held these lessons on School M and had a fun powerpoint to show as a starter.
I've chosen to use these books for the 8th Graders work-program this year. They all got the yellow book that's for the student, and we will use the red and orange later on, the orange is for the whole School, and the red is to the place where our students have their two weeks internship.
It was good lessons, and it's fun to see the students help each other with the task I gave them and the difference between the two classes. I will continue this project later in December, so this was something just to get them started. The work-program is about vocational practice and internship. Each 8th grader are going to have vocational practice during two weeks later this spring. They will have to find for their own place to be for those week and it's something every 8th grader does in the whole community so they need to find those internship-places soon. Of course I'm here to help them, but really a lot is up to themselves. 
 
So on these two lessons, we started to think on where you can have vocational practice, and where would they want to be, what is the basic things they need to know before searching for a place, as well as I had some time for answering their questions about the program. Over all I think it was a good time and the students had been looking forward for this lessons, they had even asked the teachers about when they was going to get this info and meet me.



For the lesson about Professions and jobs I used the book "Work from A to Z"("Jobb från A till Ö" in Swedish) for a starters. Me and their teacher gave them 10 different jobs to read about. They had selected these jobs on an earlier lesson and I'd copied the worksheets. The whole class had a lot of questions, like what is taxes, how much money are you paid if you work as a Lawyer, what does it cost to move away from home? and so on, as wll as listening on the different Professions being described. It was a really fun hour!

The second lesson with this group was going to be a sequel but they were so many students missing that day so then we just had a lesson in Swedish, and will continue these lessons next week instead. 


Oh, and during one break I just hanged with a teacher before her lesson, and when it was about to start, I asked if I could come to her class as well, just meeting the youngsters. I've had a hard time learning their names, and I'm working on it, but Alas now I know another class by their names, and they know who I am for a starter.

So it's a good end of this hectic week.

Comments

Popular Posts