Christmas is coming

So, tomorrow is the 1st of December.
I think the time has gone so fast! Fall just swished bye, and a lot has happened.

I'm on my second year as a Swedish Career Counselor and it's been a lot to take in during this year as well. I've updated my knowledge of the year routines and added some new ones this year and always try to take my job one step further. Both this year, and last year had the focus on learning all of these rutines, and what I need to do more for the upcoming years in the job, as well as getting to know my 9th graders, and all the other students. I think it will continue in that spirit, as well as starting to work directly with the younger classes further on.

My 9th graders will always have the main focus, because it's their last year.
They are going to high school next year, and have to choose a high school program to follow the next few years and I'm the one who help them in this stage of life. Some are scared, excited and curios, all at the same time and it's a lot of fun, both the guidance sessions as well as all the information they need to get before the time is up.

After Christmas holiday it's time to make the choice. They will get their credentials right before the holiday, make the High School choice during January, and in the beginning of February I will need the forms from each student. Then they will have to wait for summer holiday before they get their acceptance letters.


It's a hectic time during this time of year, both for students, teachers and everyone working in the schools. These 3 weeks left will go bye in an blink of an eye.

Comments

Popular Posts