Busy mondays

It's full of life in the school corridors. Students have had their last classes and are going home, and I'm waiting for that quiet time when everyone has left the building. So there, now it's all quiet and the school staff can do those final things before going home today.

During the day I've been a lot of meetings, had a few walks in the corridors and some chats with the teachers in-between their lessons, as well as with the students. You can tell the pupils had a whole week of holiday, and the teachers a few days, it's so much energy in the air!
Though it's like we need a few days to go back to the everyday school routine, for all of us.
I worked from home Thursday and Friday so I feel like I'm a bit more at my game, even though I need some time to catch up after the weekend as well.


Most of my time at school R is being spend inside the 7-9th grade building, where the kids are between the ages 13-15. I have a plan to start working with the younger ones as well since this school have pupils from the age of 6 years old up to 15. . It's the same at school M, but there we just have a 7-9th grade corridor instead of a whole building so it's a bit calmer and easier to see every kid.


On a day-to-day basis as a Swedish school counselor, I have personal sessions, group-sessions and a few, well chosen times in the classroom with the students 7-9th grade. As well as meetings, and other meetings. Sweden is said to love meetings, and mostly it's good to have a meeting but sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming.


My dream is to have an hour lesson with each class from 1st grade to 9th, at a monthly base just to talk about the future, work ethics, and all those gender segregated professions we have in Sweden. For all my Swedish talking readers, I can recommend the counseling-box "GÃ¥ din egen väg". I've just shared the box with two Swedish teachers and hopefully they will use it in the classrooms and get some interesting discussions with the students while training on how to debate. There is so much fun you can do at all levels!


Sure it will take time to get there, time both in my schedule and as hard work. I have to hold back a little, save my powers and do what I can for the moment. One step at a time I will get there, or nearer than I was yesterday at least.






Comments

Popular Posts