New monday, new week, new goals





So, I'm home from the conference and to say it at least, I had a blast!


It was one of the better conferences I've been to. The first day delivered good, and the next even better. I've talked to colleagues throughout Sweden, from the north to the south and even one from Norway!

We start our career path as soon as we are born, growing up with our past to lean on and our future to hope for. We have an idea that every choice we make is free, but it's often more complex than that so I've gotten some hands-on suggestions on how to be a career counselor with the younger ages from Lotten Johansson and hope from Gray Poehnell from Canada. He had a wonderful talk about how to help people find more hopeful explanations for the life experience that have taught them that they don't matter, and much, much more of course.

So know I will think on how to make it all into action.


Oh, Before I went to Stockholm, I had ordered a game to myself, and now it has arrived! I took it with me to work today. It's called Jenga.

I got the idea from Counselor Clique and thought it would be great to play with my students and to work with in the counseling sessions as well. So I've started to translate some questions she provided tips on and google'd for some more. It's really interesting and I hope the kids will try to think outside the box with this, for starters. But unfortunately I forgot my colorful markers at home, so I will take it home again and start writing those questions on the blocks. Once that is done I will write more about this game, as well as some others.

Since it's autumn-break I won't be meeting any kids and teens, but it gives me time.
Time to plan the rest of this year, time to reflect on my work as well as creating goals for the future.




Comments

Popular Posts