Big plans for this spring

I've had a busy time in the end of February and beginning of March, and this week is no rest either. Last week all the teachers and students were on holiday, but not rest of the school staff, myself included: I had some meetings to attend too, even had a lunch with two other counselors from schools near by, which was much needed.

All the other time I was glued to the computer, with a lot to do around the vocational training my 8th grader will do in the next couple of weeks. I'm looking forward of letting them out of school, but it's a lot of administration to do before they can try out the world of working labour. So hopefully each kid will have a place to do their vocational training but I still have some small stuff to fix before this week is over. :)

On Wednesday, all the counselors in the county have been invited to meet with the author and Career Counselor  Leif Andergren. He have written three newly books on counseling in Sweden, as well as counseling techniques and career theories. I loved his book "Samtala", the art of counseling talks in, during my university studies. I hope we'll be a big crowd of counselors and like what he has to say, as well get to try out some of his exercises from book 2.

But that's not all that's happening:
In the end of this week, I'll have a mini-holiday!
My fiancés family gave the whole family a cruise trip over to Finland as Christmas gift! We will fly down to Stockholm on Friday morning, and then cruise over to Helsinki for the day and then back to Stockholm and home on Sunday. The little family of 8 adults and 3 kids are going. I've already started to plan what to pack!

And next week have another weekend-trip to Stockholm planned as well, for the Counseling Committees yearly meeting , Vägledarföreningens årsmöte. But I'll write more about that next week, or the week after that.

Phew! I'm being blessed with a lot of things, thanks to this job!
And now, I'm off to a lesson with some students.


Comments

Popular Posts